Assessment and Evaluation
The Assessment and Evaluation Centre has three core aims and these can be summarized as providing assurance that:
- Educators in Abu Dhabi have the potential to enter and succeed within their chosen educational studies.
- Educators in Abu Dhabi have the core generic skills and meet licensure standards required to perform their role within the education sector, and
- Provide information, support and guidance to government bodies and educationally related organizations to continuously improve the quality of assessment in Abu Dhabi.
The centre is currently focusing on establishing an Emirates College Admission Test (ECAT) which is fully supported by a bank of assessment instruments testing science, mathematics, language and communication skills, culture and society. Also, the centre is working continuously to improve the quality of assessment within the programs offered by the College.
Future plans include the following key areas:
- Creating an Emirates Science and Mathematics Achievement Program (ESMAP) that is fully supported by a national assessment bank testing language and communications skills, science and mathematics achievement for Grade 8 pupils in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Establishing a Teacher Licensing System underpinned by robust assessments and processes to ensure that educators within Abu Dhabi’s school system are qualified and possess the knowledge and up-to-date skills to educate future generations of young people to the highest standard.